Who we are
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits, and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
We are looking for an eloquent, persuasive Proposal Development Manager (PDM) to join our new business development and strategic engagement team with the purpose of coordinating and supporting the writing of quality proposals and business concept notes. The PDM’s responsibilities also include evidence gathering and research to support situation and contextual analysis for each proposal.
Evidence gathering will also entail part of pre-work activities to inform business decisions to proceed with proposal development. The PDM would be involved in technical writing, formatting and packaging of the final application according to eHA and funder policies, including running appropriate quality and administrative checks ahead of submission.
To be successful as eHA’s PDM, you should be articulate, have excellent writing and communication skills, and must be able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. Ultimately, we are in need of a top-notch proposal writer who is consistent and poised for quality, detail-oriented, and able to write in a factual, convincing manner.
- Analyze solicitations issued by bilateral and multilateral organizations, government and related agencies, foundations and the private sector.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director of Programs to assess strategic importance of identified business opportunities and determine potential requirements for a viable business .
- Explore and develop consortium partnership options where applicable, and provide concrete recommendations to inform decision-making about the opportunity.
- Coordinate the development of professionally written proposals and pitch content that superbly articulates eHA’s value proposition and win themes. The job holder will directly manage and enforce the use of eHA’s Technical Proposal and Budgeting Pre-Work Tool.
- Participate in the development of technical value propositions, program area strategies and contribute effectively in articulating the win themes.
- Directly responsible for rewriting or editing technical proposals following inputs from the technical writing team and external subject-matter experts.
- Lead in development of administrative requirement sections of technical proposals such as the management plan, organizational capacity statement, sustainability plan and staffing, and related areas as specified in any RFA/P release.
- Lead in developing and formatting of proposal writing templates and other related templates to guide proposal development.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of scoping assessments for all high value awards, and as well ensures the delivery of quality design workshops and other ideation meetings.
- Contribute to identification and recruitment of key personnel, preparation of job descriptions for strategic roles; participate in interviews; including reviewing CVs and developing profile of key roles as part of submission requirements.
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject-matter experts necessary to support development of high value proposals.
- Develop internal team capacity on different aspects of technical and proposal writing, including contextual analysis, logical framework and value proposition.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent is highly desirable.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in successful business and proposal development including multi-year, multi-million/complex solicitations for international donors such as the US, UK government and other multilateral organizations, large foundations, and/or corporations.
- In-depth knowledge on technical and business priorities of diverse donor agencies (including USAID, CDC, GAVI, NIH).
- Experience with European development assistance, particularly the U.K. Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office, and/or major charitable foundations based in the US and Europe are highly preferred.
- Proven skills in writing and editing proposal content within a professional and credible manner with evidence of successful wins.
- Experienced in leading capture planning, storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign-off, and document production.
- Medium level working knowledge of digital solutions and technology space with foundational competencies in the health sector.
- Forensic attention to detail and meticulous proof-reading skills.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences, strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote Learning, Fairness and Opportunities for all.
We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards, ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.